Preston-Schilling Funeral Home has been serving the Dixon area community for many years. We’re thankful to be an important part of this community and will continue our longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones.
Peace of mind when you need it most.
A history of commitment to service
Our story began in 1904 when Herbert Morris first opened Morris Funeral Home at 123 E. First Street in Dixon. By 1911, Walter Preston joined as a partner and the funeral home became Morris-Preston Funeral Home and Ambulance Service.
It was in 1916 when Mr. Preston bought Mr. Morris’ interest and became sole owner of Preston Funeral Home, and by 1937 the funeral home was relocated to its current location at 213 Crawford Ave. in Dixon. In the same year, Mr. Preston’s son, Robert ‘Bob’ Preston joined the family business.
After several years of dedicated service to the community, Walter Preston retired and his son Robert became the new President of the funeral home.
Robert remained President until he retired in 1975. Richard Schilling — who had served as a funeral director with the funeral home since 1968 — took over as owner, and the funeral home became Preston-Schilling Funeral Home, Ltd.
Mr. Schilling served the community for over 40 years — providing families of Dixon dignified and meaningful funeral services.
On October 11, 2016, Jesse Partington purchased the funeral home from Mr. Schilling. Jesse is a veteran funeral director with 18 years of service at Preston-Schilling Funeral Home, Ltd. He had been an active member of the Dixon community since 1998 and has been serving as active Coroner for Lee County since 2008. Like those who preceded him, Jesse is committed to the tradition of quality service and is honored to serve this community.